Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

How to supress rows in table depending on expression value

Good morning, I have this expression:

(Sum(If(FVWFD_TIPOL_AGEVOL='F',[IMPORTO FINANZIAMENTO RICHIESTO],IF(FVWFD_TIPOL_AGEVOL='C',

[IMPORTO CONTRIBUTO RICHIESTO],IF(FVWFD_TIPOL_AGEVOL='G', [IMPORTO GARANZIA RICHIESTO]))))) /100

I would supress the row where this expression is equal to 0.

Thanks to all

Giovanni

9 Replies
Not applicable

Re: How to supress rows in table depending on expression value

Hi

in which chart do you want to represent it..in most cases it will suppress automatically zero values, go to presentation chart and you will find suppress zero values check box.

or if you dont want to show zero values, write an if condition on you expr to show only greater than zero values

ex: if(expression >0, expression)

regards

amay

Not applicable

Hi,

You can check the suppress when value is null in Dimension tab and presentation tab.

Untitled.png

MVP
MVP

Hi,

Try like this

If((Sum(If(FVWFD_TIPOL_AGEVOL='F',[IMPORTO FINANZIAMENTO RICHIESTO],IF(FVWFD_TIPOL_AGEVOL='C',

[IMPORTO CONTRIBUTO RICHIESTO],IF(FVWFD_TIPOL_AGEVOL='G', [IMPORTO GARANZIA RICHIESTO]))))) /100 = 0, Null(),

(Sum(If(FVWFD_TIPOL_AGEVOL='F',[IMPORTO FINANZIAMENTO RICHIESTO],IF(FVWFD_TIPOL_AGEVOL='C',

[IMPORTO CONTRIBUTO RICHIESTO],IF(FVWFD_TIPOL_AGEVOL='G', [IMPORTO GARANZIA RICHIESTO]))))) /100)

If you have other expressions in the same chart then you have give the same expression in all the dimensions

If((Sum(If(FVWFD_TIPOL_AGEVOL='F',[IMPORTO FINANZIAMENTO RICHIESTO],IF(FVWFD_TIPOL_AGEVOL='C',

[IMPORTO CONTRIBUTO RICHIESTO],IF(FVWFD_TIPOL_AGEVOL='G', [IMPORTO GARANZIA RICHIESTO]))))) /100 = 0, Null(), 'Expression 2')

'

'

'

'

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable

Hi, the expression is not for a dimension, I can't check the suppress when value is null in dimension tab.

I represent the expression in a pivot table.

Thanks

Not applicable

Hi jagan, I would supress the row when the expression is null or equal to 0.

Regards

Giovanni

MVP
MVP

Hi,

The row will be supressed when all the expression values are zero in that row.  If you have only one expression then you can directly use Suppress Zero values option in Presentation tab.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable

Hi, I have another 4 expression for the row ... It's impossible ?

MVP
MVP

Hi,

You can do that but you need to give the If in all the expressions, check my previous posts.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable

Hi Jagan,

I put the if condition in all expression, but after how can I supress the row with null value for only this expression ?

Thanks

Giovanni

Community Browser