cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
calarcon
Contributor
Contributor

How to understand Subset Ratio and Information Density

Hi team, I want to share a deeper study of table information in order to clarify the meaning of Information density and Subset radio.

clipboard_image_0.png  

clipboard_image_1.png

If you have this info in the Table1 the 2 maning are:

Information Density Displays the percentage of rows in the table with non-null values   so in this case

Table 1 :

Total values (non and null values) in Table1 = 15  and Total non-null value = 12 so.... 

Information Density= 12/15 = 80%

Subset RadioShows the percentage of all distinct values for a field in the table compared to all the distinct values for that field in all tables 

Table 1: 

You have to verify in the Doc Properties > Tables> the #Distinct in the Key field (total number or distinct in all tables), in this case = 7 and the Distinct values in the own table = 6 so.. 

Subset Radio = 6/7 = 86%

Summary : The 20% of the info will be nulls values, and the 14% of the distinct value are nulls in the Table 1

I hope it is useful ....for me at least it was. 😁

BR

Carlos

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I am adding a Design Blog post as well that may provide some additional information for those hitting this post:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/The-Table-Viewer/ba-p/1474304

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.