Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

I need to present why company with SAP should use click view ?

HI All

i need to present. why SAP customer need to use Qlik View to gain the full benefit of invest in SAP.

DOes any one have ppt for this topic ?

paul

26 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

PAUL YEO wrote:

i need to present. why SAP customer need to use Qlik View to gain the full benefit of invest in SAP.

That is not a Question, Simple thing why they are using it is

Company-A using SAP Reports and then Company-B Using Qlikview. Now they are club together like sister's company. So now they want reports or Data from SAP to Qlikview that case they are using Qlikview

So, Simple SAP Means like table box in Qlikview. So, the situation which we are running the reports with BG of SAP and then each Qlikview need some data so every report stored at SAP now they want to develop the Same thing in Qlikview. Hope Clear somewhat. Now, May be ask your achievement.

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Anil

I read 3 times , but I still 100% understand can you explain again. I like the way you rephrase my question.

Thank

Paul Yeo

DIrector

TDS Technology (S) P/L

Whatsapp +659:261804

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Hahaha, See Some companies generating reports by using SAP (Company-A) and Same as Qlikview (Company-B). Now 2 companies has single operation with and they club two companies into one (Company-C). Now, After few years Company-C want to use only qlikview then they are just creating reports by using SAP and then they have the access to give each plant to the each Workbench(Local Client not the Live/Prod) in Qlikview.

Finally, I would give more clear would be SAP has few reports now Customer / Stakeholder wants few another reports by using SAP Data that is the case SAP Team create few plants for Qlikview. They we can connect SAP to fetch the Reports/Data into Qqlikview and then we can use those stuff into Qlikview as per BRD. Hope this helps. Please free to ask if you have still doubts to get an Idea

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sir

I am now a bit more clear .

In conclusion ;-

So with out using data visualisation , meaning running SAP alone , when need to create report is more troublesome , if need to generate the report it will be not so easy ?

If using SAP with Qlik View for reporting , when report already created in Qlik View , it can help save time ?

Paul Yeo

Paul Yeo

DIrector

TDS Technology (S) P/L

Anil_Babu_Samineni

So with out using data visualisation , meaning running SAP alone , when need to create report is more troublesome , if need to generate the report it will be not so easy ?

I assume, With out visualization, Of course SAP is alone. Here, This case we are just using or creating one planet for Qlikview w.r.t the SAP Reports. I am just translating this sentence more into Tech prospective. So, Let's assume we have few table boxes in qlikview(Table Box means - Simple data loader and showing UI). We are just exporting that object into Excel and then SAP Team creates that data into one planet(i.e. simple Table in DB). So, Qlikview Dev team can store this data into qvd's then only Developers can use qvd's only(Huge Secure for Data {In future, If Developer need to cross check that Data in SAP then we have to take approval from Admin team that will happen and access need from Starting stage till before qvd storing}).

If using SAP with Qlik View for reporting , when report already created in Qlik View , it can help save time ?

Yes, This is acting as Request Response process( We can send the updated data into SAP and then we can fetch that updated data into Qlikview for new data points.). We can't say this will help as time elapsed but few clients need to follow this hierarchy due to data secure. Even, I am also working for Brazil client usually they are following same process. That is the way i came to know this Address to explain. This Tier Architecture really pretty and won't possible to know the Data with insights how they are using That much of Data(Few clients as i know - Robinson, Aurobindo, GSK, GE, HPE, Talanytics and My Customer{Present, Secure client sorry i can not give the client name of my project})

I apologize for my English

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Paul

To summarize in short,  SAP will act as Data source for QlikView.  QlikView will fetch data from SAP (on daily basis)

and after transforming it based on user requirements (ETL process is carried out in Qlik) generate various insights on that data in the form of charts.

These charts can be in various types- Bar, Line, Pie, straignt table, pivot table etc.

This gives a quick demonstration/Analysis of Business performance to the Top management to help them make decisions.

This way QlikView helps to analyse your SAP data to make better decisions.

Hope this helps!

Thanks & Regards

Chintan

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Anil

Look like you are very familiar with qlik view and SAP.

May I know that it is possible to make SAP every day at 2 Am automatic schedule generate raw data for AR AP GL SALES Table Io CSV format , so my QV can automatic reload and create the updated QVD ?

It is those customer listing you mentioned , they are using SAP but for data visualisation they are using Qlik view ?

Paul Yeo

DIrector

TDS Technology (S) P/L

satheshreddy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Paul,

you can Schedule Separately for reloading Raw Data, once this Job is Done you can Schedule QV Job you will get Result in QV Reports whatever we are reloaded New Data.

Regards

Sathish

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sath

Thank you for your sharing on schedule generate SAP raw data .

Can you sharing on how can I present the benefit ?

Paul Yeo

DIrector

TDS Technology (S) P/L