Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samvile18
Creator III
Creator III

I really need some help...

Morning everyone,

I'm in dire need of some help as I'm really struggling with trying to lock down users access point to only show the applications they have.

I've got about 8 apps on production and number of users, circa 200. All of my apps are sent to production via tasks I've set up within Publisher. The problem I have is trying to lock the apps down, I've tried various solutions including:

• Using the DMS to handle security - this worked until I started publishing my apps. As soon as I did that the autorisation tab would be overwritten with every user and not the 4 or 5 I had stated.
  • Naming each user with a CAL and then mirroring that within the distribute tab of the of the task. This works but doesn lock the access point down.

Ideally I'd like to use Section Access but I literally don't know where to start with it. Do I need a section access table in each of my apps? Do I need a table for each app on the QEMC? How does the QEMC know which table relates to which app?

Can anyone shed some light on what I should be doing please as I feel like banging my head against a brick wall at the moment!!

Thanks in advance

2 Replies
samvile18
Creator III
Creator III
Author

*BUMP*

kouroshkarimi
Creator III
Creator III

If you are authenticating users by NTFS you can publish your apps to a folder on the server and lock down the folder itself by using groups.