Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
thnkgreen
Contributor

IS NOT NULL

Hello my fellow QV enthusiasts.  I have been searching online and in these forums for an answer to this question, but so far there is not a satisfactory answer.  I have a SQL statement with IS NOT NULL in it.  All I want to know is how to replicate this in QlikView.

IIf(data_ASN.HAWB Is Not Null And ([Department]="Air" Or [Department]="AIM"),incoterms_3.RL_paid,IIf([Department]="Ocean" Or [Department]="MIM","Y","N")) AS RL_paid,

I've noticed that a lot of others are unsure of what to do in this situation.  When answering, please be as clear as possible because this discussion will probably get a lot of traffic.  Thanks

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Re: IS NOT NULL

Hi

in QV NOT IS NULL is   NOT IsNull(FieldName)

However, it sometimes has a strange behaviour, so you can test len(trim(fieldname)) > 0

best regards

Chris

2 Replies

If(data_ASN.HAWB <> Null() And ([Department]="Air" Or [Department]="AIM"),incoterms_3.RL_paid,If([Department]="Ocean" Or [Department]="MIM","Y","N")) AS RL_paid,

or

If(len(data_ASN.HAWB)>0 And ([Department]="Air" Or [Department]="AIM"),incoterms_3.RL_paid,If([Department]="Ocean" Or [Department]="MIM","Y","N")) AS RL_paid,

Not applicable

Hi

in QV NOT IS NULL is   NOT IsNull(FieldName)

However, it sometimes has a strange behaviour, so you can test len(trim(fieldname)) > 0

best regards

Chris

Community Browser