Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zach_paz
Contributor III
Contributor III

Ignoring Selection Except 1 Field in Fractile Expression

Hi All,

I have been digging through the community threads and have not been able to find a solution that combines a few expressions that I need. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have an expression working right now that ignores all selections in the document. It creates a decile table for one field (Past_Year_Inq). It takes into account a few variables that are set by the user in the QVW (market, distance radius).

=fractile({1<cip=>}aggr(nodistinct sum({1<cip=,market={$(#vBaseline_Market)},[Distance Radius]={$(#vBaseline_Radius)}>}Past_Year_Inq),cip),Percentiles)

decile.png

I need to add the ability for this table to change based on a selection made in a field named Award Level.

Thanks in advance!

Zach

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like

=fractile({1<cip=, [Award Level] = $::[Award Level] ]>}aggr(nodistinct sum({1<cip=,market={$(#vBaseline_Market)},[Distance Radius]={$(#vBaseline_Radius)}, [Award Level] = $::[Award Level]>}Past_Year_Inq),cip),Percentiles)

Instead of $::[Award Level] to assign selected values, you could also consider p() function to assign all possible values.

Besides that, I don't think you need to clear selections in cip if you use set identifier 1.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like

=fractile({1<cip=, [Award Level] = $::[Award Level] ]>}aggr(nodistinct sum({1<cip=,market={$(#vBaseline_Market)},[Distance Radius]={$(#vBaseline_Radius)}, [Award Level] = $::[Award Level]>}Past_Year_Inq),cip),Percentiles)

Instead of $::[Award Level] to assign selected values, you could also consider p() function to assign all possible values.

Besides that, I don't think you need to clear selections in cip if you use set identifier 1.

zach_paz
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It seems to be working! Thank you very much