Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
zach_paz
New Contributor II

Ignoring Selection Except 1 Field in Fractile Expression

Hi All,

I have been digging through the community threads and have not been able to find a solution that combines a few expressions that I need. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have an expression working right now that ignores all selections in the document. It creates a decile table for one field (Past_Year_Inq). It takes into account a few variables that are set by the user in the QVW (market, distance radius).

=fractile({1<cip=>}aggr(nodistinct sum({1<cip=,market={$(#vBaseline_Market)},[Distance Radius]={$(#vBaseline_Radius)}>}Past_Year_Inq),cip),Percentiles)

decile.png

I need to add the ability for this table to change based on a selection made in a field named Award Level.

Thanks in advance!

Zach

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP
MVP

Re: Ignoring Selection Except 1 Field in Fractile Expression

Maybe like

=fractile({1<cip=, [Award Level] = $::[Award Level] ]>}aggr(nodistinct sum({1<cip=,market={$(#vBaseline_Market)},[Distance Radius]={$(#vBaseline_Radius)}, [Award Level] = $::[Award Level]>}Past_Year_Inq),cip),Percentiles)

Instead of $::[Award Level] to assign selected values, you could also consider p() function to assign all possible values.

Besides that, I don't think you need to clear selections in cip if you use set identifier 1.

2 Replies
MVP
MVP

Maybe like

=fractile({1<cip=, [Award Level] = $::[Award Level] ]>}aggr(nodistinct sum({1<cip=,market={$(#vBaseline_Market)},[Distance Radius]={$(#vBaseline_Radius)}, [Award Level] = $::[Award Level]>}Past_Year_Inq),cip),Percentiles)

Instead of $::[Award Level] to assign selected values, you could also consider p() function to assign all possible values.

Besides that, I don't think you need to clear selections in cip if you use set identifier 1.

zach_paz
New Contributor II

It seems to be working! Thank you very much

Community Browser