Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Incremental Load Problem!

Hi All,

I tried to do the incremental load with the help of the document which is given in the below link.

http://community.qlik.com/media/p/125837.aspx

But as per me it is not working . Requesting you to let me know what changes I need to do so that it works as expected.

Explanation about the problem given below:

~~~~~~~~

I tried the incremental load application with the data of mine. I am facing few issues when I was trying with my data. It is not working as expected. Explained about the problem in the screen shot which is given below. Hope you can look into it and provide some solution for the same.

error loading image

error loading image

I have attached the document which I was trying with.

~~~~~~~~

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab Kothari

44 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

Dear Rikab,

Pls Use Rob's QVW File for incremental load. It work fine. Because I tested that application on more than 15 crore of record of one table of SAP.

Regards

Sunil Jain.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunil,

Many times I tried and failed to do the incremental load after referring to his document. So many them suggested his document and but I don't know why I am not able to do the same with the help of his document. If you are able to understand how it work using his document can you please do the required changes in my document?

Expecting a positive reply from you side!

suniljain
Master
Master

Rob's that Application working fine if and only if you have primary key in table . otherwise that application is failed.

suniljain
Master
Master

Rikab,

I checked your application . It extracting full data from qvd for comparison with CSV.

and Increamental load check with full data of QVD because there is no limit on backdate updation. and It happening in my case when I developed increamental load application with SAP R/3.

One Solution is if your data is fixed for particular period then you can make seperate qvd for that. and compare key field for limited period only.

Regards

Sunil Jain.

Not applicable
Author

May be!

Primary key is there in my document. In the attached document of mine primary key is "dwrstkcode". To be frank I was not able to understand how it works so I never tried with his document.

If you are able to understand his document can you work with my data.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunil,

To avoid giving you the trouble I have myself did the required changes in the Rob' Incremental load document. This was the outcome once I loaded my data into this document.

http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/32765.aspx

I need your help there so that I can move further.

suniljain
Master
Master

Dear Rikab,

I Implemented Rob's Logic on your document. pls check attached File. If you any query pls reply me.

if you want to update data from specific date then

ELSE

// QVD does not exist

LET INCREMENTAL_EXP = '';

// No QVD. Force full reload

//LET INCREMENTAL_EXP = 'WHERE ModDate >=' & MakeDate(2005,01,01); //?? Could also set it to some floor date

END

IF

pls MakeDate(2005,01,01) Change Date here.

Regards

Sunil jain.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for your help!

I tried your document also! Same thing I am noticing when I reload the data for the 2nd time.

It is loading all the data again when I reload for the 2nd time which shouldn't happen in incremental load I suppose. Correct if I am wrong! 🙂

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rikab,

Is this 65,535 lines loaded from QVD? if so, this is expected as we have to load the data from QVD in order to perform the update.

Let me know, if this is loaded from DB.

-Haneesh