Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
konHi
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Informatica - triggers> QVD-Loader -status> Informatica

Hi guys,

I hope you can help me or give me an advise.

We have a lot of Informatica workflows filling up the DW. Qlikview application pull the data and generate QVDs for a lot of QVWs.

I want Informatica to trigger the QVD-generators to start.  ( I read something about EDX, is that the point?).

QVD-generators generate qvd-files and then give back their status to informatica or write a status to SQL Tables.

Any ideas? I would really appreciate it, thank you very much.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Konstantin,

we have a solution for this. We call a Java program from Informatica workflow with a command task to trigger an QlikView EDX task.

Informatica workflow could wait for an output file from the QlikView load script to write back the data in the next task.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D

View solution in original post

7 Replies
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Konstantin,

we have a solution for this. We call a Java program from Informatica workflow with a command task to trigger an QlikView EDX task.

Informatica workflow could wait for an output file from the QlikView load script to write back the data in the next task.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable

Hello Ralf,

I am facing the same problem now.  Would you please give me more details about the solution?

Thanks a lot.

Landy

rbecher
MVP
MVP

We have implemented the QMS API in Java..

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable

Since Java is a foreign language to me, is it possible to let me know how to implemente the QMS API in Java?

Would you please also give me the script you created in the command task of Informatica workflow to trigger an QlikView EDX task?

I really appreciate your kindness to share the information.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Maybe this will help you more: http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-5111

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable

Does this limited to window to window?  Our Informatica is on Linus, will it work?

rbecher
MVP
MVP

I guess it's a Windows program..

Btw, if you're interested in our solution get in touch with me: ralf.becher@tiq-solutions.de

Astrato.io Head of R&D