Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Insert values ​​in a list box

Hi,

I would like to insert into a new list box selected values ​​from the list box shown in Fig, without losing the links to these values ​​with other values ​​in the other list boxes. How can I do?

crawler.JPG.jpg

Thank you all in advance for the answers

greeting
Carlo

16 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Could you explain a bit more?

Not applicable
Author

Just the values ​​I selected in the previous image that are part of the list box User Agent I would like to put them in a new box list.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you are using field name [User Agent] in the list box you have shown, take another list box->Expression :

=Aggr([User Agent],[User Agent])

Is this what you want?

Not applicable
Author

In the list box called User Agent there are many values​​. I would like to select only "some" values ​​of the list box User Agent and put them in a new list box.

For example I would like to put in the new list box are the values ​​Icc-crawler,GoogleBot-Image, AmorankSpider etc. CurlPhp, GoogleBot, etc. FeedFetcher. I would I select the values ​​to be included in the new list box.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Like:

List Box->Expression =If(Match([User Agent] , '​​Icc-crawler', 'GoogleBot-Image', 'AmorankSpider') ,[User Agen])

Not applicable
Author

Adding this statement I always get the same list box. I could select the values ​​to be included in the new list box without writing a expression?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

add a new list box.

Go to the field.

Scroll down to the expression level.

Use GetFieldSelection (YourInitialField)

Hope this helps.

Antoine

Not applicable
Author

You could duplicate the field (I used [User Agent2] for the example below) in your script and then add a 'trigger' (Settings, Document Properties, Triggers) in 'Field Event Triggers'.  Find your original field, [User Agent], and then add a 'Select in Field' action under 'OnSelect':

Field: [User Agent2]

Search String: = '(' & GetFieldSelections([User Agent],'|') & ')'

Not applicable
Author

Hi Brendan,

GetfieldSelection returns a string containing the current selections in a given field. I do not want this.

Let me explain better: I have a list box called user agent containing requests made by crawlers and users. I would like to select the crawler requests from the starting list box and place them in a new list box, deleting them from  the starting list box. How could I do this?

Thank you so much for the replies.

greeting

Carlo