Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IntervalMatch with additional key leads to "false" matches; circular loop otherwise

Hello. I am struggling with IntervalMatch creating either a circular loop or "false" matches based on which treatment I choose.

For starters, I've modeled heavily from this: IntervalMatch and Slowly Changing Dimensions. My scenario is closest to the "Two interval tables mapped against a common dimension ID and a common time line" example in the linked PDF.

In brief, discrete events (on different inventory items) can share a start and end time, so the bridge table is incorrectly linking different events. When I try to force an InventoryID into both tables, I get circular reference errors.

Please see the attached .QVW. Of note, it is currently set up with the bridge table. You can see how an EventId (which corresponds to only a single InventoryId) is being linked to multiple InventoryIds because their start and end times are the same.

I feel like I'm close, but I've been circling the drain on this for a few days.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe similar to this?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe similar to this?

Not applicable
Author

As always, THANK YOU! That worked. I knew I was close.

INNER JOIN in front of the IntervalMatch did the trick, along with using the same name for the additional key.