Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IntervalMatch with additional key leads to "false" matches; circular loop otherwise

Hello. I am struggling with IntervalMatch creating either a circular loop or "false" matches based on which treatment I choose.

For starters, I've modeled heavily from this: IntervalMatch and Slowly Changing Dimensions. My scenario is closest to the "Two interval tables mapped against a common dimension ID and a common time line" example in the linked PDF.

In brief, discrete events (on different inventory items) can share a start and end time, so the bridge table is incorrectly linking different events. When I try to force an InventoryID into both tables, I get circular reference errors.

Please see the attached .QVW. Of note, it is currently set up with the bridge table. You can see how an EventId (which corresponds to only a single InventoryId) is being linked to multiple InventoryIds because their start and end times are the same.

I feel like I'm close, but I've been circling the drain on this for a few days.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe similar to this?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe similar to this?

Not applicable
Author

As always, THANK YOU! That worked. I knew I was close.

INNER JOIN in front of the IntervalMatch did the trick, along with using the same name for the additional key.