Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Inventory Forecast

Hi,

I am trying to build an inventory forecast app. This will give me the ability to look at the forecasted level of inventory by looking at the MRP system's demand and supply as well as the current on hand qty.

I have attached 2 spreadsheets (that in my example act as data sources). One giving part_no and On hand qty as of today. the other spreadsheet gives a demand and supply schedule for different parts along with the date when MRP system thinks the transaction will be carried out.

What I am trying to build is that if I select a month in future (lets say May-2013) - the table gives me the following:

PART and the forecasted qty which is defined as:

Today's On Hand Qty + Cumulative Supply (till the selected date in my example May-13) - Cumulative Demand (till May-13)

I have tried a lot of examples but am struggling to link the two tables and aggregate the forecasted qty. I want to avoid calculations on the charts because of the data volumes I will be dealing with.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Please reply to this with the questions.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Keshav

2 Replies
MEllinghausen
Creator III
Creator III

Hello,

to link the both table you must do so

LOAD

PART_NO,
     ON_HAND_QTY
FROM
C:\temp\Unterlagen\ON_HAND_QTY.xlsx
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

LOAD

DATE_REQUIRED,
     [PART NUMBER] as PART_NO,
     QTY_SUPPLY,
     QTY_DEMAND
FROM
C:\temp\Unterlagen\SUPPLY_DEMAND.xlsx
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the reply, but that wasnt what I was looking for.

If you read the description again - I am looking to get a cumulative Supply - Cumulative of Demand + Current On hand quantity depending on the date selection. - so It ignores any demand or supply after the selected date and cumulates everything before that and adds current on hand qty.

Regards,

Keshav