Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to export back to (my)SQL ???

I am testing qw and have connected a mysql db thru mysql odbc connector.

I have selected 1 DB and 2 tables... and got everything working...

Is it possible to create a record with the result into another table??????

Greetings Eddie

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

no on???

Smile

Not applicable
Author

I believe that from QlikView 9 (sr 3) you should be able to store data into a text file with the "store into" function and that you should be able to set the delimitor yourself. Check out this thread: http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/22658.aspx

After that you should import it back into your database.

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Eddie,

You could export data from QlikView automatically using a marco and I imagine have mySQL look of the csv, txt or xml file in a certain folder to import it or another option might be to run a stored procedure passing the parameters necessary to update the mySQL table. Here's the code to run a stored procedure in QlikView script.

sql execute QV_SBO..Test @Input='2009/01/01';

Regards, Karl

Not applicable
Author

tnx karl and keller...

i have to read more about your suggest...

My Sweedish friend in Norway works at the QW norway and I have just got hold of the produkt...

Since my company (Microsoft) only use MS products its wierd to try something other . *SS*

Love the product, so if connecting to 2-3-4-5 sources kan makes it possible to export the result direct into a mysql og sql or any odbc compatible source, I would LOOVE it eve more 🙂

Again tnx...

Eddie

Not applicable
Author

I "cowboyed" this to work for an application that populates data from a sql database, allows for manual updates via input boxes, then exports the changes to a spreadsheet and uploads it back to the sql db.

Once it's been reuploaded, I have a vbs file that fires off the reload task in Publisher so that the server contains the "changed" version of the application.

Sub to export the manually updated object...

Sub Export_Manual_Table
ActiveDocument.ClearAll

set table_manual = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH03")
set gp=table_manual.GetProperties
table_manual.SetProperties gp
table_manual.ExportBiff("pathname\filename_manual.xls")

ActiveDocument.ClearAll
end sub

The above xls is stored on the network, the app then fires off a script to run the DTS package on SQL to pick up the xls and append/update the sql table.

DTSRun /S "SERVER" /N "PACKAGE" /G "GUID PACKAGE ID" /E

The app then fires the reload script - both called from OPEn URL in the add actions menu - where the vbs or bat file are the url.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I tried the export subroutine for an input box

Sub Export_Manual_Table
ActiveDocument.ClearAll
set table_manual = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("IB01")
set gp=table_manual.GetProperties
table_manual.ExportBiff("pathname\filename_manual.xls")
ActiveDocument.ClearAll
end sub

I got an error - Object doesn't support this property or method: 'table_manual.ExportBiff'

Could you pl help?

Thanks!