Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is there a max to the no of inline tables?

Hi!

I have created a script based 6 inline tables. It seems that 5 inline tables work fine, but number six always fails, no matter which one I put last. Is it indeed the case that only five inline table can be used?

(I use the inline tables for mapping purposes, not wanting to create an additional data source. These inline tables are dropped at the end but during the script I need them multiple times for mapping purposes.)

Thanks,

Pierre

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

Can you share the script for the one that fails?

prieper
Master II
Master II

For sure you can have more than 5 Inline-Tables.
Have you tried to change the order when to load the tables?
Are you sure, not to have any cartesian products created (fieldnames)?

Peter

roger_stone
Creator III
Creator III

What failure message are you seeing? There's no limit to the number of tables.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

there is no limitation,u can use many!

mwallman
Creator III
Creator III

No there is no limitation.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks all for your reactions! Now knowing that there is no Inline Tables limit, and knowing that switching the inline table sequence does not solve the issue, I looked at the field namings. I found that you cannot have two inline tables defined with the same field names:

ProjectStatusMap:
LOAD * INLINE [
Status, StatusName
A, Active
B, Blocked
C, Closed
]
;

HourStatusMap:
LOAD * INLINE [
Status, StatusName
0, Concept
1, Submitted
2, Rejected
3, Approved
4, Approved
]
;

Given the automatic association in Qlikview, that is probably logical, but I did not figure that out upfront...

tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you create a mapping inline table, you can use it anywhere that follow it in the script  and you don't need to recreate it.

Not applicable
Author

That still leaves the question if I can solve changing two Status fields from different external tables by mapping them to internal tables. Is this possible, and if so how do I script this?

Changing the second inline table to this does not help:

HourStatusMap:
LOAD * INLINE [
Status, DIFFERENTStatusName
0, Concept
1, Submitted
2, Rejected
3, Approved
4, Approved
]
;

Not applicable
Author

Issue solved. The script in my previous reaction did do the job. It failed at first because I still had some old test code to find the cause behind my problem.

Thanks again for all your responses.