Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
BootCam
Contributor

Issue with History data

Member# 33A Downgraded on 3/23/2016 but it was Active on 1/11/2016.

In the Contract Table This contract Has an Status of DG which is the Latest Status of that Contract.

But Status History Table has Two Status of this Contract AC on 1/11/2016 and DG on 3/23/2016.

The way we Recognize revenue is, From the Status Code(Contract Table) we only take AC & PA and from

the Status Code History(Status History Table) we only take AC & PA.

The Problem is, for example Member# 33A the Status Code (in the Contract table) is DG on 3/23/2016. But on

1/11/2016 it was AC in the Contracts table. We can see that from the History table. I would like to

Recognize this Contract as Revenue on 1/11/2016. Since this contract is no more AC status in contract

table i cant get this as revenue Because its in DG status in the Contract table.

According to Business logic if i us AC & PA from Status Code (from Contract Table) and AC & PA from

Status Code History (History table) then I am missing out Member# 33A as revenue.

How can i resolve this problem? Please help. Please find attach file for the example data.

Thnaks

1 Reply
vishsaggi
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Issue with History data

Follow these links inside which might help :

Slowly Changing Dimension logic in QlikView

Community Browser