Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue with Section Access

Hi All,

I have section access applied for a particular tab in the Qlikview application. After reloading the application, the data for that particular tab gets reflected as expected. But later when I save the application, close it and reopen it, the data displayed on that particular tab is doubled.

Can someone please help me with this.

Thanks,

Asma

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So its not about the data reduction you are just hide and show based on user login. try to create a new app dont do anything with data reduction.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

are you hiding sheets using section access. Can you post sample qvw.

is there any partial reload happening in your application ?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Data reduction applies to all data, not only the data that is shwon on a particular tab.

Can you post some screenshots?

Not applicable
Author

Yes I am hiding sheets through section access. There is no partial reload happening in my application

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So its not about the data reduction you are just hide and show based on user login. try to create a new app dont do anything with data reduction.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot!!: It is working fine now.

Just a small question what is the difference between data reduction based section access and section access for a particular sheet.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In datareduction qlikview filter the data as condition (user based) and in sheet it shows all the data but show the sheets to only authorized users (defined in section access)

Not applicable
Author

So if I uncheck the option 'Initial Data Reduction Based on section Access', it won't cause any problem in the section access applied on a particular sheet.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

it will not