Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Issue with some temporary tables being created

Hi,

I have an issue, seemingly in one piece of my code that goes like this:

SOFA_Liste_v2:
LOAD
From_Field(Temp1, Mat_unsauber)
(
no labels);
// At this point, there should be four records in this table
RENAME FIELD @1 TO Sachnr_und_Anz_$(v_line2);

DROP TABLE SOFA_Liste_v2;

At this point (this is the second one of two subroutines being called), there is an error "FieldName already exists", the reason being that there is some table created in an earlier iteration of that subroutine called "SOFA_Liste_v2-1".

I would like to know why that is being created and not dropped and if I can avoid the creation of that clone - or at least delete it.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hello DataNibbler,

I modified the script so now you can declare a table which not ne deleted.

in Line 57 in the script you can define it. You can also combine this if statement with more than one table or the number of lines in the table and so on.

Regards

View solution in original post

12 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Strangely, those temporary tables seem to be created only when processing certain lists, not always.

A simple >DROP TABLE < statement will not solve this issue therefore.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Is there any way to just delete any table that might be in the QlikView_database?

I could then put that in a condition to check the nr. of tables

dickelsa
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Maybe i am misunderstanding the question,but why dont you use the ' drop table' syntax? Please attach script or script part for better understanding the problem

Regards

Dick

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi dick,

unfortunately I can't - the script is very complex.

It runs over six sheets - and those tables seem to be generated only when processing certain lists, not with the others.,

The piecé of  code where I suppose this happens is:

SOFA_Liste_v2:
LOAD
(
no labels);

(In that field, there are actually four records (in one row in the base Excel_list), so the output should be 4 records. That works well - it's only in one of those six lists that these temporary tables seem to be created.

Just a moment, I'll let the whole thing run once more and we'll see.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

yes, I am pretty sure now.

Of the six lists I am processing, those file_fragments are created on only one.

BUT - this is very confusing. In that list, there are only three completely unusable records and eight orderly ones - the unusable ones have been cleaned out by the first subroutine, so there should be none left for the second subroutine ...

I'm afraid I can't explain this clearly to you right now. I'll be back here when I have enough information to do so.

dickelsa
Creator
Creator

Hi

Can you maybe attach a screenshot of tableview? then? i think the problem is that you are loading a table underneath it, from the tabel, but not renaming it. this causes a new 'fragmented' table with

<Tablename>-<FragmentNumber>

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

see attached script.

it counts the number of tables in your data model an delete them one by one.

For example 3 load 3 tables, delet one table in script and than delete the other two automatical.

Regards

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi dick,

that sounds quite good. Seems you understand the inner workings quite well.

Do I have to rename the table? I have only one line to process, with four records in it, so that "FROM_FIELD LOAD" should generate only one table with four records?`

(I have now found out that the underlying reason is that my 1st subroutine runs only once on that list, not three times like it should - thus, two unusable records remain in that table and are processed in the 2nd subroutine which should actually not be the case).

The table_fragment created is named "SOFA_Liste_v2-1", so I guess it is created in these lines:

Noconcatenate

SOFA_Liste_v2:
LOAD
(
no labels);

Thanks a lot!

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Woah!

I didn't actually do anything specific - well, I'm sure I did do something, but not along a specific line of action - but now it seems to work.

Let's see.

Thank you all for your help!