Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raghuvr33
Contributor III
Contributor III

Items with no Product Line

How to handle items that do not belong to a product line and not part of inventory. These items are called memo item and are created on the fly when entering order . Since they are not part of inventory they are not listed in item dimension or product line dimension but are needed to calculate the total orders.
My current analysis where orders are linked to items and product lines do not show these order line items.

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

Maybe ypu can rty using an excel file and concatenate to your fact table and check them with a field FLGMemoItem =1, something like this:

Orders:

Load

OrderID,

ProductLineID,

DateOrder,

Zone;

SQL

Select * ordertable;

MemoItems:

Load

OrderID,

ProductID, //Created on the fly or if you have itin excel file just load it.

DateOrder,

Zone,

1 as FLGMemoItems

From MemoItems.xls;

Best regards.

raghuvr33
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

My issue is i need to load into items dimension table based on the sales detail table for which no item exists in the item dimension. Memo items in sales detail table do not exist in item dimension and hence the join created by QV between sales detail and item dimension based on item field will not return all records in sales detail.

Should i be using resident load for this. If so how would i add into item dimension table all the memo items in sales detail table???

Not applicable

Hi,

Can you share an example of your two tables? (XLSX File if it's possible).

Best Regards.