Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Join columns if records are missing and differ

Hallo everybody,

I have a small issue- I would like to join two columns to get one market segment column. Data looks like that:

error loading image

For some cases I don't have a market segment number (but market segment description is available, ex. Fish), while for others I just have a number (ex. 1200). Also there are some spelling mistakes in the Market segment column (ex. bread vs Bread). Additionally I have a list of all of the market segments numbers and their market segment description (excel file), which could be used. Does anybody have an idea how to join everything, so it makes sense and I finish with one market segment?

I suppose I need to link list of all of the market segments numbers with my data, giving the condition that if the number is not available, than use market segment description.

I would really appreciate your help, as I am trying to stop using Excel in such matters:)

Beata

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Beata.

I have attached an application to provide a solution to your issue using joins and if statements in the load scripts. Basically, I attached the valid Market Segment Numbers and Market Segments to each row in the Market table. If available, I replaced the original value with the valid value.

Let me know if this helps.

John.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Beata.

I have attached an application to provide a solution to your issue using joins and if statements in the load scripts. Basically, I attached the valid Market Segment Numbers and Market Segments to each row in the Market table. If available, I replaced the original value with the valid value.

Let me know if this helps.

John.

Not applicable
Author

Hallo John,

It looks indeed great! I am very busy right now to test it, but as soon as I will have more time to play with the data I will check if all of the results turn to be correct.

Thank you very much for your effort,

Beata