Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

richard_cioci
Contributor

Re: Keep Left and Where Exists not eliminating rows in table ??

Ok so I ended up not dropping the customertmp table to see what happens and now I'm seeing something interesting.

When I mouseover the customertmp table in the tableviewer in qlikview, it shows it only has about 4000 rows, but if I export that table with a store command, it has ~40,000 rows

qlik.png

Could this mean that QlikView is not truly processing left keep or the where clause properly on the table, but only in a limited way where it appears so in the table viewer? This for sure cannot be actual QV functionality, there must be something in my script that is messing this up, no?

Highlighted
richard_cioci
Contributor

Re: Keep Left and Where Exists not eliminating rows in table ??

So I was about to post my whole script here because it had to be something else in my script that was causing the problem.

And then as I read through it to take out any secure info, i found my issue. There was another table for our teams which was pruning down the list of customer_IDs which happened after my script above, so I wasn't pruning my tmp table at the right time. I put it lower in the script and voila it worked.

So let's chalk this up to me being a bit of a dummy. Thanks to everyone for your help!

Community Browser