Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Kerberos

Good day guys,

I am trying to use Kerberos authentication through QlikView and I know I have stumbled upon it a few years back but for some reason I can't find it now.

I have also went through the Qlik Community site and all the Kerberos questions went unanswered.

Does anyone know how to use Kerberos authentication inside QlikView to connect to a SQL Server?

Thanks,
Marius

5 Replies
hariprasadqv
Creator III
Creator III

To use Kerberos authentication with SQL Server requires both the following conditions to be true:

• The client and server computers must be part of the same Windows domain, or in trusted domains.
  • A Service Principal Name (SPN) must be registered with Active Directory, which assumes the role of the Key Distribution Center in a Windows domain. The SPN, after it is registered, maps to the Windows account that started the SQL Server instance service. If the SPN registration has not been performed or fails, the Windows security layer cannot determine the account associated with the SPN, and Kerberos authentication will not be used.

The below links may help you

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Hariprasad,

I will look at this tomorrow and will let you know of the outcome.

Regards,
Marius

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Why do you need Kerberos authentication?

You want make secure connection to SQL Server ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Antonio,

Our Datawarehouse team informed us that we need to change our authentication to Kerberos.

Regards,
Marius

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marius Koekemoer,

Could you please help me with the kerberos authentication?

Regards,

Karthik.m