Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

LOAD statement - complex IF-construct as a variable

Hi,

in one of our primary loading apps, I have found an IF-construct (to define the working areas) that runs over eight lines ... to make the whole thing more resource-friendly and, more important, to avoid the risk of introducing slight differences when using the same code in another place, I want to try to create a variable for this expression and store it in a qvs file.

So I tried as I normally do like

>> LET e_formula = ' ... '; <<

<=> That, however, did not work in this case. The formula of course contains a lot of blanks, so I tried enclosing the whole thing in square brackets like

>> LET e_formula = '[ ... ]'; <<

<=> but that didn't work, either. Moreover, there are a lot of text_strings which are enclosed in upper_quotes and it contains a lot of Wildmatch() functions with *.

Can anyone give me a hint how I could get this to work?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Tags (1)
7 Replies
sujeetsingh
Honored Contributor III

Re: LOAD statement - complex IF-construct as a variable

Try using trim() function of qlikview

Trim(Field)

In order to remove  spaces

Not applicable

Hi DataNibbler,

I would put this code inside a .txt file and then simply call it everytime I would like to use it by using the include function.

Regards,
Marius

datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Marius,

that's exactly what I want to do. Is there a way to do this other than to put it into a variable?

I have not been able to do that so far.

Also, I would like to simplify the formula a bit, that would be more resource-friendly and  maybe then it would be easier to put it in a variable, too.

Right now, as I said, it is an If-construct running over like eight lines, with WildMatch() functions - so I think I could not use PICK(WILDMATCH()) instead - there are several possible texts to match in every line which correspond to one area.

I will post the code here. Maybe someone has an idea?

LOAD

if(WildMatch(PACK_DELIVERY_BIN,'*KT*','TIMEKT','AT*','WERTE RSML','XGTKT'),'KT',

if(WildMatch(PACK_DELIVERY_BIN,'56GTBO','56GTSI','56GFG','56GTGW'),'56',

if(WildMatch(PACK_DELIVERY_BIN,'*BT*','BTZW*','GT','GT1*','GT2','GT3','GT6','GT7','GTL*','GTR*','*FAST','*SLOW','GT ESD','GTXL','GT AIR'),'GT',

if(WildMatch(PACK_DELIVERY_BIN,'LV*','GLL*'),'LV',

if(WildMatch(PACK_DELIVERY_BIN,'GTH*','*GEFAH*','GELENKW','WERTEXGT'),'GTH',

if(WildMatch(PACK_DELIVERY_BIN,'56GETR*','R3GETR*','GETRIEBE*','56LV','R3L*'),'GETRIEBE',

if(WildMatch(PACK_DELIVERY_BIN,'GTB','EVGTB'),'GTB',

if(WildMatch(PACK_DELIVERY_BIN,'GTBO'),'GTBO',

if(WildMatch(PACK_DELIVERY_BIN,'GTXL*'),'GTXL',

if(WildMatch(PACK_DELIVERY_BIN,'GTSW'),'GTSW',

'Sonstige')))))))))) as Packplatz,

;

Not applicable

How does the data look for PACK_DELIVERY_BIN? Do you only have a certain set of them or are there millions of different variations.

If only a hand full then I will use a mapping table instead.

And this script must take some time to run with all those wildmatches?

Regards,
Marius

datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Marius,

honestly I don't know how many variations of the text in >PACK_DELIVERY_BIN< there might be that point to one and the same area - I am not alltoo familiar with the database where this comes from.

I will ask my colleague. If there are no more than 10 or so, then of course it would be possible to make this into a mapping table. The problem is, there is no proper documentation of our database available, so there is always a bit of guesswork involved ...

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable

Sure thing. You can put that load script into a .txt file in the meantime and simply call it using the following in the mean time.

$(Include=abc.txt);

Regards,
Marius

datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Markus,

well, unfortunately that is not the only field I need to load from that particular database_table, so it's not that easy. I'll have to try to join that field to the table - that way I could do as you suggest.

Community Browser