Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

LY net profit -ve and CY +ve How to make the % column display as +ve % ?

Hi All

I have below expression work fine for last 8 yr :-

=if((column(1)+column(2))=0,0,(if(fabs(column(1))=0,1,column(2) / column(1)-1)))

Now i need to measure net profit , when LY value can be -ve and CY value can be +ve i start to encounter issue.

it is possible to make display of -278% change to +278% ?

Paul

17 Replies
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

my QV Doc

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi,

Go to number tab and select the expression and then change the format pattern like below.

#,##0%;#,##0%

Capture.PNG

File attached.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Tamil

After i open the QV Doc you file attach , i notice that the % sign is +vie , but for SOURCE = KL ,  still need it display -ve , because the net profit is lower.

Paul

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Paul,

Got it. Check the updated attachment below.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi sir

Now net profit is correct , but eXP is wrong . When i change my dimension to eXP , it is possible to make it display correctly ?

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Paul, 

Can you post the application where you find mismatch.?

PrashantSangle

Hi,

Use

num(expression,'Your Required Format')

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sir

Enclosed the my QV Doc.

Notice that when you click on button for dimension = eXP , how to make the % sign change to -ve ?

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Max

It is not about format issue, it is about when last yr exp is more and current yr exp is less , now it display as +ve , it should be -ve.

Sent from my iPhone