Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Language_formatting-problem

Hi,

I have a master_calendar to be used in every app in a qvs file in a central place.

That calendar uses the month() function to generate the month.

The problem is, some of our apps have german_format month_names in that SET command on the "main" tab of the script, some have english_format month_names - which should be the standard.

Currently, I have one app where that SET command on the "main" tab is for english formatting. There is no specific SET command in the qvs file for the calendar.

<=> Still, the generated calendar has german_formatting month_names, so of course it doesn't match the output of the month() function.

=> Can I fix this? Why does it happen at all?

Can I maybe have a SET command in the qvs file to set the month_names to english formatting and set it back to whatever it was after the calendar_code?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

2 Replies
datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Language_formatting-problem

Hi,

well, now I know exactly why this doesn't work: In the underlying "DataModel" - which is an exact copy of our primary DataModel - the month_names are set to german formatting in that SET command.

=> I have included hints that whenever anything in the primary DataModel is changed, it has to be copied anew

<=> That way I fear that just replacing that SET command would not help me for long, the next time the primary DataModel is copied over, it would be reset.

=> Putting a particular SET command in the qvs file and resetting it afterwards would be a good solution.

datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Language_formatting-problem

Hi,

I have now found a way: I simply DROP the calendar_table from the DataModel - where I am not sure about the month_formatting - and then LOAD it once more, so I know for sure that it will be using the month_formatting I have specified in that particular app.

Still, doing that right there in the qvs file would be the more elegant way.

Community Browser