Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

richard_chilvers
Contributor III

Large volume data ?

I have 2 tables: one containing a person_key and person details, and one containing the person_key and a mailshot_ID, plus mailshot details.

The person key is a unique 6 digit number.

There are roughly 750,000 persons and each one might receive 5 mailshots a year.

I have simply linked the tables on the person-key. This does not seem huge volumes of data to me, but the resulting QV model seems large and slow.

I have tried using AUTONUMBER on the person-key, but since the key is already well-structured, this makes little difference.

Does anyone have any hints or tips about the approach?

Sorry if this is a simple query, but I'm puzzled by the apparent poor performance.

Thanks

4 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Large volume data ?

Do you have a screenshot of your datamodel? is it just 2 tables? What element of the dashboard seems slow?

richard_chilvers
Contributor III

Hi

Well, as you'd expect, my description was a little cut-down, but this is model; the BrochureRequests table is (relatively) small. I hope you can follow. The person_key is CDPXID.

Once loaded, performance is average, but data is slow to load (30-40 minutes) and seems to create a big QVW. Ultimately, load time is not important because it will occur overnight. I'm just concerned my structure is poor.

Regards

QVmailing.JPG.jpg

maleksafa
Valued Contributor

maybe it is from the expressions or calculated dimensions, probably it is not because of the data model, 750 000 persons is not considered "large volume"

Not applicable

Are all of those fields being used in your user interface?  Loading is can be slow if you are not performing an incremental refresh.  I would suggest minimising the fields you are loading and going to the document settings > sheet and review the memory usage and calculation time of your charts

Community Browser