Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Left keep - than to replace?

Hello dear colleagues! Faced the problem - when using the LEFT KEEP I lost the record, I decided to replace the LEFT KEEP on OUTER JOIN, but there was another problem - an error that the following table could not be found. What else can you replace the LEFT KEEP except for an OUTER JOIN?

Tab_1:

left keep(TABLE_2)  "I Replace left keep on outer join in this line"

LOAD

fld_1,  

fld_2,

fld_3,

fld_4,

fld_5

FROM [$(vPathLoadEvents)]

(qvd);

Dict:

left keep(TABLE_3)

LOAD

fld_1,

fld_2

FROM

(qvd);

5 Replies

Re: Left keep - than to replace?

What exactly are you trying to do here? Why do you need Left Keep or Outer Join? Can you elaborate on your requirement?

Not applicable

I need to check the values in TABLE_2 when loading from vPathLoadEvents and if there is a value in TABLE_2, then create an entry in Tab_1 by adding values from TABLE_2. But in my case, in TABLE_2 there is no entry for the field fld_1 and I probably need some condition that if I do not find an entry in TABLE_2 the same fields are filled with values from [$ (vPathLoadEvents)]. I wrote very intricately?

Yoor explanation is a bit confusing. In Table_1, do you want to load rows that have a corresponding entry in TABLE_2, or do you want to load rows from the [$(vPathLoadEvents)] data source for which no corresponding entry exists in TABLE_2?

Or do you want to load all rows with a corresponding entry in TABLE_2 from one data source into Table_1, and add all remaining rows - that are missing in TABLE_2 - from the [$(vPathLoadEvents)] data source? In that case it might be easier to use a WHERE Not Exists() clause.

Not applicable

Peter, in my case, it is necessary load rows from the [$(vPathLoadEvents)] data source for which no corresponding entry exists in TABLE_2. But I was bewildered myself, because the task was wrongly set and accordingly I could not formulate the question.

I am grateful to you for your sympathy and interest in my problem.

Not applicable

I am grateful to you for your sympathy and interest in my problem.