Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Let QV Backup my loaded input files

A lot of XML-files are being stored every day at a specific location as input for my QlikView application. QV will load all XML-files into one single QVD file every day.

Now, to prevent QV having to load all files over and over again and to prevent getting a huge load of files in my input folder, I would like to have each loaded XML-file automatically being moved to a backup folder. To keep using one QVD, I'd like to concatenate the data load of the new files. That shouldn't be a problem.

My question: is this possible in QlikView (automatically) and if so, how? If not, what are the alternatives?

Many thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

There are several options. You can use the FileTime() function to check the dates of the files. If the fieldnames contain a date then you can use the FileName() or FileBaseName() functions. Or you can add an EXECUTE directive to your script that will move the files elsewhere: EXECUTE move *.xml "D:\Backup\";

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

There are several options. You can use the FileTime() function to check the dates of the files. If the fieldnames contain a date then you can use the FileName() or FileBaseName() functions. Or you can add an EXECUTE directive to your script that will move the files elsewhere: EXECUTE move *.xml "D:\Backup\";

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand