Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line chart axis changes

Hi I have line chart currently which shows Original Budget and Current Budget by month for a financial year, see the attached example.

Now I want to show a line chart with the combined totals for the year for Original and Current Budget, something like the attached example in the New file

I have tried making the Original and Current dimensions, but somehow it's just not putting them next to each other with a line between them as in the second example. What am I missing?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Please find attached file for solution.

Regards,

jagan.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Andret,

Original and Current shouldn't be dimensions. The dimension you need will be Budget with two values 'Original' and 'Current'.

If that's what you meant to say and you've tried it already and it's not working then post your data and I'm sure a solution will be found.

Cheers

Not applicable
Author

Example is attached. Note the example of how I need to see this in the new image file

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Please find attached file for solution.

Regards,

jagan.

effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Andret,

Having a Crosstable in your load script will make the chart easy to produce:

CTData:

CrossTable(Budget,Data)

LOAD * Resident Data;

This gives this straight table:

Budget sum(Data)
Original2136
Current978

or a line chart:

1.JPG

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for this. I have so much data manipulation at this stage so it's really confusing script wise, adding this will just over complicate it for me at this stage. I do this the solution is really great. I have used similar ways to get my data easier to work with. I think it works just as well probably as the other solution. Just for my specific needs this just gets too much to get the data correct for all possible graphs I have to produce.

Thanks a million though

Not applicable
Author

Works perfectly for me with the data I have.

Thanks