Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Linear tables with condition

Hello to all,

I have a linear table where in the first column I have 3 different code '002', '003' and '005'. I need to create three different linear tables one for each code, there is no condition or expression QlikView to do this, not in the script, but in a presentation? Because my script reads many file in loop and codes over time may increase.

Thank you very much for helping.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Re: Linear tables with condition

Thank you all,

I solved my problem by inserting a calculated dimension in the table. I created three different table each one with a different calculated dimension:

=if([CODE]='002',[CODE])

=if([CODE='003',[CODE])

=if([CODE]='005',[CODE])

3 Replies
sunny_talwar
Not applicable

Do you have a sample you can share to better explain your requirement?

swuehl
Not applicable

For chart types other than a table chart, you can use the trellis option on dimension tab to create a chart per dimension value.

For a table chart, I think there is nothing comparable using QV default features.

You can search the internet / Qlik Market if there is an extension that might fit your needs.

I remember also a pretty old thread here in the forum that demonstrated an automatic chart generation using Macros, but I won't recommend going into this direction.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable

Thank you all,

I solved my problem by inserting a calculated dimension in the table. I created three different table each one with a different calculated dimension:

=if([CODE]='002',[CODE])

=if([CODE='003',[CODE])

=if([CODE]='005',[CODE])