Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Linking 3 Different tables in load script

Hi Frnds,

I have small problem. I have 3 different tables. in the 3rd table one column data are common in another 2 tables.

Here below i have shown a sample tables. here are Tables 1,2,3. If  you notice in Table 1 & 2 the Column A & C data will be in Table 3 Column F. So Kindly help how to link the Table 1 & 2 with Table 3.

Thanks In Advance

Regards,

Vignesh

For example,

Table 3:

FD
456Aaeratfhg
12Ashg
789Asfdgb
13A
414A
14A
4A
15A
6A
5A
212A
5486A
5485A
21523A
8566A
1sdfghn
2srty
3tyht

Table 2:

CD
212ADS
5486FND
5485GRG
21523HRE
8566FDB
1FCB
2FBI
3CIA
4DGR

Table 1:

AB
12aaa
13bb
14fgg
15thg

sdfeg

dxfghfxghxfgh
]
table @:
14 Replies
happydays1967
Creator
Creator

Vignesh, what should the final result look like?

HP

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Table 3 and 2 will be linked on field D. If field A in table 1 is the same as field F in table 3 then rename A to F so tables 1 and 3 will be linked on that field.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hey Gysbert,

Likewise i need to link all the there table using Field A,C & F. Because for example i showed this table. but in real time the fields are different. I do have link Table 1 & 3 by renaming the field name, but likewise if i do for the Table 2 & 3 am getting Sync error. so how to avoid this issue. kindly help wit5h this.

Thanks in advance

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vignesh,

As said by Gysbert qlikview is a associative model tool. If the table or field names are similar it will automatically link the tables. If field A and F are similar rename A to F tables 1 and 3 will automatically linked.

Regards,

Nandha

Not applicable
Author

Untitled.png

Not applicable
Author

Untitled.png

Not applicable
Author

Untitled1.png

Here u can see the three table... i dono how to insert the app with this doc. that's y took screen shot.

Kindly help with this Frnds..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Vignesh,

Rename any one of the field in rest of the two table to map each other.

Regards,

Nandha

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Vignesh,

Go to your load script and change the F name as A

Like : F as A

then the mapping happend.

Regards,

Nandha