Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Load Inline -> Paste Special - is documentation missing?

Dear all

I am playing around with QlikView (QV 11 - Initial Release (Desktop)) and like what I see. I was trying to copy a table from the web and paste it to be loaded with the inline option. I do see an option for "Paste Special" but nothing happens when I click on Paste special.

I know I can paste it to excel as HTML and use it as a source but wanted to see if Qlikview has the provision to access the contents of the clipboard.

Any help or thoughts?

Regards

Tiji

2 Replies
jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Tiji,

If you want to improt an html table into qlik, go to your script, Insert--> Load Statement --> Load from File. In the File Name text box, paste the URL where the html is.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you qlikuser14! I agree that it is a viable option to explore.

Unfortunately, I am not trying to import an HTML page but copy a portion of the HTML page that is a table as a data source. This table is generated whenever I do a search and would like to paste the results and make it available each time into the QlikView Desktop data source.

Even if that was not my requirement, what should I be seeing when click on "Paste Special"? If I don't see anything popup, should I assume it is a bug in the tool and move on, hoping that it will be fixed in the next release?

Regards

Tiji