Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
berstrom
Contributor II
Contributor II

Load fieldname from excel in date format

Hey!

How can I convert the fieldname, which is in date format in excel into qlikview date format as it shows just the number format? To be clear I do not want the whole field to be converted into the date format but just the field name since in excel the datat looks like this:

with the date being the fieldname. Therefore something like date(FieldName, 'DD.MM.YYYY') as FieldName does not work out for me.

I'd appreciate any help!

Best regards

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

It's not possible to format or change a fieldname with any kind of functions within the load but it's possible to rename a field with an alias-statement or simple: Field1 as FieldXYZ. Also it's possible to use a mapping table to rename multiple fields at a stroke - such a table could be also generated with a loop over fieldnames, checking their values and ajusting them like needed.

But I assume that there is a much easier way for you - especially if I think on your question from yesterday - that your data-source is a crosstable which could be easily transformed with The-Crosstable-Load.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

It's not possible to format or change a fieldname with any kind of functions within the load but it's possible to rename a field with an alias-statement or simple: Field1 as FieldXYZ. Also it's possible to use a mapping table to rename multiple fields at a stroke - such a table could be also generated with a loop over fieldnames, checking their values and ajusting them like needed.

But I assume that there is a much easier way for you - especially if I think on your question from yesterday - that your data-source is a crosstable which could be easily transformed with The-Crosstable-Load.

- Marcus

berstrom
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hey, thanks a lot for the answer! Cross load really seems to be what I needed!