Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
johngouws
Contributor II

Load only last period data, by account and period

Good Morning.

As part of a migration project I have been tasked with delivering the 'Take On' balances. In essence this means producing a output which consists of an ACCID. Period and a couple of values. The trick is to only show the values for the LAST period for each account.

The process I have followed is to load the source data, then doing a resident load, sorting the data and via the Peek function producing a temporary field with a load or reject description. In production, because the data is so big I store to a qvd then reload only where the temp field is 'Load'.

This worked perfectly but I am not sure if it technically correct from a QlikView perspective!. Please could anyone advise if there is / was a better way, bearing in mind the source was many millions of records.

The attached example is a simplified version of what was done. In the example there are only 2 accounts with 22 records and only returns 2 records required, 1 per account.

A star for QlikView. The original tool that was being used had to be stopped, after 2 days because the server was running out of resources. Whether it was the tool or bad scripting I cannot tell. From the time of getting the request to delivering the csv took a morning to do.

Community Browser