Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III

Loaded Images Disappear After Drop Statement

Hello everyone,

I'm running into issue with my loaded images disappearing after a Drop Table statement. In attached QVW, I simply load directory of images from Images.xlsx. Then I bring in some data, do some manipulations, and as long as Drop Table Oil_Gasoil_Forex_Data; script is commented out I get a functioning Bundle load:

Working.PNG

However, when I uncomment the Drop Table Oil_Gasoil_Forex_Data; it looks like the orphan table containing Image field is dropped as well and the images go away, leaving me with:

Not Working.PNG

Did anyone else experience this? Is there a solution?

Thanks,

Mikhail Bespartochnyy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I found a solution but not an explanation. Evidently, loading images at the end of the script keeps them in the app...no idea why, but it works. I've read through few threads and a technical brief for the loading of images into QlikView. Technical Brief didn't mention anything about it, but there was another thread that discussed it in more details, but came to the same conclusion - just use a bundle load after last drop statement.

I hope this will be helpful to anyone else that struggles with this. If anyone can explain the method behind the madness, I'd love to learn it.

Mikhail B.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I found a solution but not an explanation. Evidently, loading images at the end of the script keeps them in the app...no idea why, but it works. I've read through few threads and a technical brief for the loading of images into QlikView. Technical Brief didn't mention anything about it, but there was another thread that discussed it in more details, but came to the same conclusion - just use a bundle load after last drop statement.

I hope this will be helpful to anyone else that struggles with this. If anyone can explain the method behind the madness, I'd love to learn it.

Mikhail B.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

I can confirm this, Images loaded using bundle load disappear if put before a drop statement..

timothyjang
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Ran into this issue today, I'd assume a DROP TABLE drops all orphan tables after seeing this behavior. The Bundle Info clause is probably forcing the table to become an orphan table so that it stands alone, which makes sense since any field value the data was bundled to is not something another table in Qlik should be able to associate to. But I think you reached the right conclusion, having your script at the end, post a DROP TABLE  is the way to go.