Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loading Data using a functionality similar to Vlookup..

Hi all,

I have been reading a lot of posts about this, but I cannot seem to understand how to do this in plain english.

So, without going into too much detail, here's a simplified example of the problem (which I am encountering time and time again):

From a table in my ODBC source, I have loaded a TableA in Qlikview where one of the fields is "invoice_no".

I have applied a variable to this table to only import invoices for the past 3 financial years in order to filter out any unneccessary records.

So far so good...

Now, for my report requirements, I need to load data from another Table (from a different table in my ODBC source) with other Invoice-related fields where "invoice_no" is a common field.

I only want to load the fields where "invoice_no" is identical to the ones already loaded in TableA.

Sort of like Vlookup "invoice_no" in TableA and the ODBC source table and get me all these other fields, but only where these 2 are identical.

What syntax do I use to do this? I think i need to use a Preceding load or a Resident Load but I am not understanding completely how to use these commands.

Can someone please help?

Thanks...

Fab

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prieper
Master II
Master II

Please use a LEFT KEEP (BaseTable) LOAD .... SecondTable

Peter

View solution in original post

2 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

Please use a LEFT KEEP (BaseTable) LOAD .... SecondTable

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter,

This works amazingly for my requirements!!

Really appreciate your help

Thanks for taking the time...

Fab