Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Loading from SAP BW error

Hello guys.

We are loading master data information from SAP BW. The job that pulls the data on BW is getting canceled and the log of the jobs shows this:

Job started

Step 001 started (program /QTQVC/READ_DATA, variant &0000000005269, user ID SAPSQL)

Fetch of Data is cancelled from QlikView

Job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE

On the QV side the log for the qvw file is not as clear as I'd like to, the las line on the logs says:

6/10/2011 2:15:08 AM:           81 fields found: (and the list of the fields)

and nothing else. This is by far nothing descriptible, neither an error message or any other message that gives a clue where to look at.

We are on QlikView Version:10.00.8935.7.

Anyone has problems like this before?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello guys.

QlikTech responded us and told us that this was a known issued and there's a fix for this.

Check issue with ID #37032, you have to install a patch for the QDS service.

Regards

View solution in original post

11 Replies
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Which provider are you using to connect to BW?  Some of them are limited, e.g. Query, to a certain number of records.  How many records are you expecting?

Regards,

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Stephen.

I am using the QvSAPConnector for QlikView and there's about 1 million of records.

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

I am no "guru" on the SAP adapter but I am aware that there are potentially some limitations getting data out of BW cubes.  How well does it work getting data from core SAP tables for you?  My experience is that the core tables work very well with the core adapter.

Also, are you sure that you are using the "QvSAPConnector" to get the data from BW?  I thought that one of the other 3 SAP adapters was used for BW.

Regards,

Stephen

suniljain
Master
Master

You can extract

Infoobject through QvSAPConnector ,

DSO through QvDSOConnector,

Cube through QvOLAPConnector.

Not applicable
Author

This information is pulled from a InfoObject that's why Im using this connector as Sunil Jain says.

It works fine except for this problem.

any ideas?

suniljain
Master
Master

I want to know that

Are you able to extact any other infoobject ?.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, all other InfoObjects were loaded correctly.

suniljain
Master
Master

what types of log you are are getting in SAP BW?.

Not applicable
Author

The job that executes the extraction on BW side ends with a status of canceled and this is the log, nothing else.

Job started

Step 001 started (program /QTQVC/READ_DATA, variant &0000000005269, user ID SAPSQL)

Fetch of Data is cancelled from QlikView

Job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE

The name of the job is /QTQVC/READ_DATA I guess this name is automatically generated by QV engine.