Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

michaelcostner
New Contributor II

Loading xml file from server to local qvw document

Hi Everyone,

I am attempting to load an XML file stored on a server directly into a qvw document saved on my PC.

I have full access to the server and there are not password restrictions on the XML. I am using a load statement in my script similar to:

LOAD field1, field2, field3

FROM [\\server_name\path\file_name.xml] (XmlSimple);

This statement does not produce any errors, however it does not load any data into my qvw document.

When I type in \\server_name\path\file_name.xml into a file explorer window I can access the xml doc just fine. What am I missing that will allow me to load this file?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Tags (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Re: Loading xml file from server to local qvw document

I think the specified file-format isn't quite correct and it is missing the table. The best way to get the syntax right is to use the table-wizard within the script-editor where you could choose xml as file-format to get a preview to the data and the data-structure and maybe an error-message if the xml isn't well-formed.

- Marcus

3 Replies
muthukumar77
Contributor III

Hi,

I have tried to load the data from xml. PFA

Please check this app what you are missing.

I'm using "Webfiles" Load.

Muthukumar Pandiyan
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

I think the specified file-format isn't quite correct and it is missing the table. The best way to get the syntax right is to use the table-wizard within the script-editor where you could choose xml as file-format to get a preview to the data and the data-structure and maybe an error-message if the xml isn't well-formed.

- Marcus

michaelcostner
New Contributor II

Thanks Marcus. The wizard was the way to go.

Turns out there was a problem with a key field.