cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bullish35
Creator II
Creator II

Locked out - Section Access

Similar tragic story as other users have documented when being locked out of their apps. Here's my twist:

Without realizing that there are only two types of access: ADMIN and USER, I implemented section access, assigned user ids, passwords, and a 'cluster' column based on access levels that do not/can not exist.

By chance, the script included two lines for access type 'USER'. Unfortunately, the 'cluster' of data that the users should be able to view do not exist in the Section Application map.

I only have the latest version of the .qvw file available - no backup. When I try to publish the .qvw, the tasks fail. Am I really out of luck? Is it possible to create a custom access type? For example, 'EXECUTIVE' instead of 'ADMIN'.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Here's the script:

SectionAccess:

Section Access
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, ID
EXECUTIVE, EXEC, E, *
CHANNEL_HEAD, CHAN, CH
DEVELOPER, DEV, D, *
USER, DEMO2, P, B
USER, DEMO3, P, C
]

Section Application
LOAD * INLINE [
Channel, ID
RLO, R
Other, O
EJ, E
M, M
MO / SC, MOSC
SM, SM
WH, W

]

[:'(]

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ellen,

unfortunately, field ACCESS can only accept 2 possible values - ADMIN or USER, no other values would work.

As tragic as it sounds, you are probably out of luck - try to scramble and find any backup versions. Maybe you used auto-save? Maybe you e-mailed a copy of the document to someone?

This is a common trap - once you lock yourself out of the document, there is no way to unlock it...

good luck!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ellen,

unfortunately, field ACCESS can only accept 2 possible values - ADMIN or USER, no other values would work.

As tragic as it sounds, you are probably out of luck - try to scramble and find any backup versions. Maybe you used auto-save? Maybe you e-mailed a copy of the document to someone?

This is a common trap - once you lock yourself out of the document, there is no way to unlock it...

good luck!

bullish35
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you Oleg.

maneshkhottcpl
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

If u send me the application i can try to help u.