Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.
I have a problem that i would really like to solve.
What I want: To show/hide an object for different users based on conditional show.
- Each person has a user ID
- Each sheet that a user click on has a Sheet ID
- For each sheet there is a list of names of people with access (Access ID) in a table for whom is allowed to see the hidden object (they can all access the sheet
The problem: The list of names of whom is allowed to see the hidden object contain multiple names (thus multiple Access IDs).
I tried the following logic:
show object if userID = Access ID (field name)
However, when there are multiple people in the Access ID field, qlik returns NULL when i refer to it.
Can someone help me with this issue?
NOTE: 'I need to make this logic work when changing the sheet (thus the list of Access IDs changes)
Thanks ya'll smart individuals for helping me!!!
You could try it with something like this:
match(osuser(), 'User1', 'User2', ......)
but you should also have a look on Section Access.
You can do something like that:
1) Create a Variable vAccessID with the following expression to get rid about the multiple values:
Concat(DISTINCT chr(39) & AccessID & chr(39) , ',')
2) = Match(OsUser(), $(=$(vAccessID)))
It should work!