Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

cbaqirdhds
Valued Contributor

Loop Incremental Load with 2 different fields

I have a QVD that combines information from two types of files - one for secure messages and one for insecure. I want to be able to simply dump new files in the source folder and run the script to reload the data. I believe that I will have to then move the file out of the folder. As a bonus, it would be great if I didn't have to do that but that complicates this.

I want to use a loop in my script to add new source data files to my QVD. The problem is that I am loading 2 files with different fields.

I think that the solution is to possibly have two iterations of the loop script but using two different source file folders but I can't figure out the right way to do that. I assume that instead of using Load * I need to specify the field changes similar to the way I created the initial QVD file (see commented lines in script). Help!

Here is the loop script:

//Loop to load new secure files

Set vConcatenate = ;

sub ScanFolder(Root)

for each FileExtension in 'csv'

for each FoundFile in filelist( Root & '\*.' & FileExtension)

FileList:

$(vConcatenate)

LOAD * 
, '$(FoundFile)' as SourceFile

FROM
[$(FoundFile)] (txt, codepage is 1252, embedded labels, delimiter is ',', msq, header is 0 lines);

Set vConcatenate = Concatenate;

next FoundFile

next FileExtension

for each SubDirectory in dirlist( Root & '\*' )

call ScanFolder(SubDirectory)

next SubDirectory

end sub

Call ScanFolder('..\External_Data\Messages_Source_Files') ;

store Avizia into  [..\QVD\01_Extract_QVD\Avizia.qvd]
(
qvd);