Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Loop - very strange behaviour ...

Hi,

I have a most curious issue:

- There is a loop built based on a small table that doesn't change and that has six possible entries. Based on this, the DataModel generates six tables from one SAP table, each time a different part.

- The thing used to have only two "divisions" - one in which two of those six possible entries were queried (in an IF...THEN) and an ELSE;

-> All tables in the ELSE division (four out of six) had one common %KEY.

The thing is, this is unique for three out of those four - so for the fourth one I need a different key.

I did that and changed the alias so that in this division, there is no line with the fieldname "%KEY" anymore.

- Now there is an IF...THEN, an ELSEIF...THEN and an ELSE...

-> In the IF...THEN, two of those values are specified, in the ELSEIF...THEN one more and the remainder in the ELSE.

What I expected now was that the tables in the ELSE part would get that field "%KEY" whereas the one in the ELSEIF would not as there is no line in that part of the loop specifying that fieldname

<=> Somehow that field "%KEY" was generated in that very table, along with the new keyfield so that I have a synthetic key now!?

That should not happen afaIK? Can somebody shed some light on this for me, please?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vishus913
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Firedrich,

can u provide some code so that we can know what u r exactly trying to do

Best Regards,

Vikas

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vishus913
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Firedrich,

can u provide some code so that we can know what u r exactly trying to do

Best Regards,

Vikas

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

just now I have found out what was the problem. I don't know how I missed that before ... the field is not generated in the loop, but only appended afterwards from a different dataset.

So the issue is solved.

Thanks anyway!