Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Not applicable

Max function not working + sample

Hello all,

After a few recommendation from experts on the forum regarding my previous question, I have attached my project document for you all to take a look at. It should help me find the answer I'm looking for and it might make your day much easier.

--Previous post--

Hello all,


I am working with two max functions that aren't working, for the purposes of this project I am using the max to filter duplicates since I only want the latest record. I have tried to manipulate the function a number of different ways and still no luck.

**The max function worked before I added the extra fields called [RC Version Date], [RC Project Name],[RC Project Number], however when a design change was brought forward I added the fields but the max functions seemed to have stopped working since my table came back with 1995 records instead of 1992, so there were 3 duplicates.


LoadJoin:

LOAD *

FROM [\\ke_root.qvd] (qvd);

Left Join

LOAD *

FROM [\\ke_task.qvd] (qvd);

Left Join (LoadJoin)

LOAD [KE Task ID],

  [RC Version Date],

  [RC Project Name],

  [RC Project Number],

  Max(Date([Last KE Task Work Info Date Q5])) as [Last KE Task Work Info Date Q5],

  Max(Date([Last KE Task Work Info Mod Date Q5])) as [Last KE Task Work Info Mod Date Q5]

FROM

[\\ke_task_work_info.qvd] (qvd)

Group By [KE Task ID], [RC Version Date], [RC Project Name], [RC Project Number];

Thanks,

Nick

Tags (2)
Community Browser