cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Merge data into one Qlikview app from other qlikview files or databases

Sorry very new with qlikview

I want to be able to extract data from several qlikview files or access database to create a  consolidated report.

I am importing data from an access database which is working fine but when I try to add the second database (has the same headings) and reload it just hangs.

So  i have now made inviduals Qlikview apps and hope to consolidate them into one, How do i do this? or better still can script all my databases into one qlikview app.

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Naheem,

It should work just fine to load from different Access databases or excel or any other source, but first, you need to make sure you are using the correct CONNECT string.

Use the Connect button in the Script Editor window to help you with the string. In any QVW file, you can use as many CONNECT strings as you need, be it one or one hundred.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Naheem,

It should work just fine to load from different Access databases or excel or any other source, but first, you need to make sure you are using the correct CONNECT string.

Use the Connect button in the Script Editor window to help you with the string. In any QVW file, you can use as many CONNECT strings as you need, be it one or one hundred.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank You Miguel

When I do the reload do access databases have to be closed?

regards

peschu123
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

the problem with hanging reload, I had with SQL( firebird odbc connector) too. There were 2 reasons, slow connection to the server it seemed just like hanging but could be executed with a lot of patience. On the other side there were some of my sql statements, which created no errors but didn't seem to work with odbc/firebird db. I don't know if something of this helps for ms access. Its just my experience with connection to databases in QV.

For your last Question this link might be helpful?!

http://www.qlikblog.at/2698/executive-dashboard-combining-multiple-qlikview-documents-into-a-single-...

But in general I would extract/store the data in several qvd files first(with some (pre)cleanup if necessary) and then load/consolidate them in one app. I'm not that advanced in qv yet, but this helped me a lot to avoid errors(and help debugging), avoiding datamess and reduce complexity.

regards, Peter