cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Min & Max Dates GetFieldSelections for report

Hi all

I want to show the dates selected in a report but when I put the selections in the report it show 11 of 45 for months.

I have managed to create an expression which I can add to a text box and show the selections below :

=GetFieldSelections(Month, '; ', 100) & '   |   ' & GetFieldSelections(Division)

This shows all dates selected. and shows the Different Divisions

Apr 2015; May 2015; Jun 2015; Jul 2015; Aug 2015; Sep 2015; Oct 2015; Nov 2015; Dec 2015; Jan 2016; Feb 2016; Mar 2016; Apr 2016; May 2016; Jun 2016; Jul 2016; Aug 2016; Sep 2016; Oct 2016; Nov 2016; Dec 2016; Jan 2017; Feb 2017; Mar 2017; Apr 2017; May 2017; Jun 2017; Jul 2017; Aug 2017; Oct 2017   |   North Division

Is there a way I can adapt this so that it only shows Min date & max date so that I can show the following

Dates : Apr 15 to Oct 17

North Division

Many thanks

Phil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

If it is not, then may be this

=Date(Min(Date#(Month, 'MMM YYYY')), 'MMM YY') & ' to ' & Date(Max(Date#(Month, 'MMM YYYY')), 'MMM YY') & '   |   ' & GetFieldSelections(Division)

View solution in original post

10 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

=min(Month)&' to '&max(Month)& '   |   ' & GetFieldSelections(Division)

*edited* This might potentially work but you'll probably have to convert your month field to a numeric to make it work

sunny_talwar

If it is not, then may be this

=Date(Min(Date#(Month, 'MMM YYYY')), 'MMM YY') & ' to ' & Date(Max(Date#(Month, 'MMM YYYY')), 'MMM YY') & '   |   ' & GetFieldSelections(Division)

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Yeah something like this

=

=Date(min(num(date#(MonthYear, 'MMM YYYY'))),'MMM YYYY')&' to '&Date(max(num(date#(MonthYear, 'MMM YYYY'))),'MMM YYYY')& '   |   ' & GetFieldSelections(Division)

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Damnit stalwar1‌ you beat me by literal seconds

sunny_talwar

I think that extra second to add Num was the culprit

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's it.  Works great.

One Last thing.  Is there any way of adding a carriage Return so the different selections are on different rows.  If not that's fine

Cheers

Phil

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

yep use chr(13)

=Date(Min(Date#(Month, 'MMM YYYY')), 'MMM YY') & ' to ' & Date(Max(Date#(Month, 'MMM YYYY')), 'MMM YY') & chr(13) & GetFieldSelections(Division)

sunny_talwar

Or Chr(10)

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

if you want a LF rather than a CR 😉