Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Missing Date Values from Master Calendar

Dear All,

Please check my attached QV file and the source excel file. I have sort the TARIH field with below statement:

LOAD * RESIDENT EXCEL1 ORDER BY TARIH ASC;

But my master calendar doesn't catch the 2000 and 2001 years. I think that it is related with my below variable.

LET varMinDate = Num(Peek('TARIH', 0, 'zrapor_genel.xls'));

Because it only catch "08.06.2002" date as a minimum TARIH value but it is not the minimum one.

I'm looking for your great support.

Best Regards,

Asim Akin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Asim,

I'd change your code to look like

OrderedDatesTable: //ChangedLOAD TARIH RESIDENT EXCEL1 ORDER BY TARIH ASC; //ChangedLET varMinDate = Num(Peek('TARIH', 0, 'OrderedDatesTable')); //ChangedLET varMaxDate = Num(Peek('TARIH', -1, 'OrderedDatesTable')); //Changed

And adding at the end of the tab

DROP TABLE TempCalendar;DROP TABLE OrderedDatesTable; //Changed

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Asim,

A little misunderstanding here. Peek looks into Qlikview tables, not Excel files nor any other files or sources. So

OrderedDatesTable:LOAD * RESIDENT EXCEL1 ORDER BY TARIH ASC;LET varMinDate = Num(Peek('TARIH', 0, 'OrderedDatesTable'));LET varMaxDate = Num(Peek('TARIH', -1, 'OrderedDatesTable'));

Will do what you want.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Miguel,

Did you try it with success? It doesn't work on my QV 8.5. I still cannot see years 2000 and 2001.

Best Regards,

Asim Akin

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Asim,

I'd change your code to look like

OrderedDatesTable: //ChangedLOAD TARIH RESIDENT EXCEL1 ORDER BY TARIH ASC; //ChangedLET varMinDate = Num(Peek('TARIH', 0, 'OrderedDatesTable')); //ChangedLET varMaxDate = Num(Peek('TARIH', -1, 'OrderedDatesTable')); //Changed

And adding at the end of the tab

DROP TABLE TempCalendar;DROP TABLE OrderedDatesTable; //Changed

Not applicable
Author

Hello Miguel,

Thanks for your always prompt support. I want to ask another question without changing the topic. I want to present the total values of Acilan and Cozulen, but the chart shows the double times of those values. What can be the reason of that?

Best Regards,

Asim Akin

Not applicable
Author

Please ignore my last question. Your solution fixed it.