Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Monitoring QVD Reloads

Hi all,

Let me start by saying we only have Qlikview Server and not Publisher.Maybe I have missed something simple that Google has failed me on.

I have a number of qvd script documents that are scheduled to incrementally update some large QVD files (400 million rows plus). These QVDs are shared between multiple report documents. How can I ensure that when the report documents load in the QVDs that the QVDs are not in the process of being incrementally updated by the script documents?

I have a number of QVD script documents that export multiple QVDs so one report document has multiple dependencies.

Many thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

In the end we created a few sub functions that create read and write locks on a QVD. All QVWs that use those QVDs look for these lock files and during the reload will wait until any locks has been removed. If it is required to wait long than "x" minutes it will be forced to error.

Hopeful this will solve any issues.

-Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies
avinashelite

Hi Chris,

Try to check for the last reload time of the QVD,s this will help you to find whether the process of being incrementally updated by the script documents or not.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

In this case, I would suggest you to split script on priority basis and add dependent tasks.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi Chris, We can customize your Loader script and create the qvd file with reload info every time.

Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

In the end we created a few sub functions that create read and write locks on a QVD. All QVWs that use those QVDs look for these lock files and during the reload will wait until any locks has been removed. If it is required to wait long than "x" minutes it will be forced to error.

Hopeful this will solve any issues.

-Chris

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

You can post solution here for others to review later if required.

Regards

ASHFAQ