Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multibox expression

Hi

I have two table with almost identical fields, one table has Meter details, including the meter serial number for example, I have an id field as well, which I use to link to the meter readings table. They have various fields(locations, meter types) with the same names so I use aliases. In one Table I need to give the details of the meters and in the other the meter readings, then we can start doing comparisons on the percentage of meter read during a month.

My questions is how do I link the two fields in the Multibox for selections. Hope this makes sense.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

If there is an unique id in both tables they should work "out of the box".

As Avinash mention , you can post a screenshot of your data or model.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
avinashelite

could you please illustrate your requirement with the sample data set and the required output so that we could understand the same

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

If there is an unique id in both tables they should work "out of the box".

As Avinash mention , you can post a screenshot of your data or model.

Not applicable
Author

I thought of doing the screenshots, but when testing it worked actually, the situation is

Two tables

1 with Township called Township, other table has Township field named MRTownship

On Selection Multibox if I select Township the selection is made on Table1 and it pulls through on Table2 as well because I linked the two table with a Meter number, it seems to work, on the meter reading side(table 2 I just have to hide records there the readingdate or period is null, so in effect hiding record where there is no meter reading