cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Multiple Values for SET NullInterpret?

Hey, I'm trying to figure out how to set multiple values for NullInterpret. The Excel document I'm loading from is using - and . to display null values and I want these to be loaded in as NULL. I'm also wondering if the expression has to be enclosed by single quotes or not ('.', '-'). I would expect it to look like this but I'm not sure if QV wants it this way:

SET NullInterpret = '.', '-';

Please do not link the help text for NullInterpret, I've read it and it does not answer my question.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

NullInterpret is a variable, which can't hold an array of values. So what you are trying to do is not possible, IMHO.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

NullInterpret is a variable, which can't hold an array of values. So what you are trying to do is not possible, IMHO.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

As a work around, you could use REPLACE() functions for your multiple symbols to replace all of them with a consistent character, like '-', and then use that single character in the NullInterpret variable.

Cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills at the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming soon to Milan, Italy!

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

Check this,

Data:

LOAD * ,

If(IsNum(Value),Value,Null()) as Value1,

If(IsNum(Value),Value,Null()=0) as Value2,

If(Value='.' or Value='-' or Value='+',Null(),Value) as Value3,

If(Value='.' or Value='-' or Value='+',Null()=0,Value) as Value4

INLINE [

Value, Sno

66, 1

55, 2

44, 3

44, 4

., 5

-, 6

+, 7

33, 8

2, 9

];

output:

Null()-203408.PNG

HTH,

PFA,

Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks for the help everyone. I ended up replacing the '.' and '-' values with NULLs but I was mostly wondering if it was possible to put more values into NullInterpret.