Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Must_Include in FOR-EACH, and my SUBs are broken

Hello there,

I have a little "helper library" for my dashboards which is just a .qvs file, and now I want to split this file into modules so multiple colleagues could work on different topics at the same time. When I had my library as a single file, I just included it into my dashboard by using Must_Include and I was fine.

Now, with "modules" (which are also plain .qvs files), I made two solutions, but the nice one does not work.

My first solution is to have the library as a little script which is just a list of Must_include statements to include the single modules. This works well, I have all my variables, SUBs can be called from the dashboard, and code works, too. But of course it is a pity if all the modules are hard-coded in my loader library.

My second solution is to have the library as a little script again which loads the modules, but I use a FOR-EACH loop to take every file with "module" in its name that exists in a given file folder. This is more flexible when adding or removing modules.

This second solution provides me with the variables that I define there and also executes the code that is directly put in a module. But I also put some SUBs in each module, so I can call them later when I need them in my dashboard's script. I am not able to call the SUBs anymore, neither from the library nor from the dashboard script (which basically loads the library).

Have you experienced anything like this before? I know that Must_Include is a little "special" (it is also executed when it is put after a bunch of "EXIT SCRIPT"s and so on). But I hope to find a way to get the modules loaded with FOR EACH and still keep my SUBs available.

All the best,

Martin

1 Reply
Not applicable

Re: Must_Include in FOR-EACH, and my SUBs are broken

After playing around with this, I come to the conclusion that Must_Include seems to be a plain text replacement. That means, in a FOR-EACH-NEXT loop the text of the included file would be put within the loop and therefore may be forgotten outside the loop.

My expectation would be something like "import java.io.*;" in Java does. But when Must_Include is a plain text replacement, such a "module import" must be done differently.

Community Browser